Monday, February 1, 2010

Acupuncture is More Than “Being Stuck with a Bunch of Needles”

What comes to mind when you think about acupuncture.  “Getting poked with lots of needles”? 

If so, then it may be a little confusing you when I start talking about things like food, energy work, and massage.  When I say “acupuncture” I am referring to the whole treatment process that an acupuncturist (or more specifically, what I) would use if you came in to the clinic. 

The word “acupuncture” so aptly encompasses everything to do with what we do as physicians of Chinese medicine, that no one says they are going to see their “Chinese medicine practitioner”.  They say that they are going to see their “acupuncturist”.

This acupuncturist will use all the tools that she has in order to facilitate health and vitality within her patients.  That means that some of my patients will go home wearing ear magnets and some will be put on a strict food plan. Not everyone gets stuck with needles.


And just what do I do? I utilize acupuncture and Chinese medicine to:
  • Trigger the body to self-heal
  • Improve digestion
  • Increase energy
  • Stop hunger
  • Stop cravings
  • Decrease Inflammation
  • Stop pain
  • Regulate hormones 
  • Improve mood and help you to relax
So, even though not everyone “gets” why I call what I do "acupuncture" weight loss.  I still defend it wholeheartedly and believe that it is the very best name for my work.  And I am sticking to it!

    9 comments:

    1. Yeah it'd be nice if we can just start all over and tell everyone what we do as practitioners of Chinese Medicine is 'AcuMoxa.' And then Acupuncture is just one mode of treatment in AcuMoxa practice. Herbs would be another...

      ReplyDelete
    2. how much does this cost and how do i make an appointment in jackson tn

      ReplyDelete
    3. nice post for creating awareness on acupuncture..
      Acupuncture weight loss

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great job you people are doing with this website.my blog

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hello,

      Acupuncture Therapy to help you get the most out of your time and fitness experience and these natural therapies is an ideal way to support and compliment your workout regime and healthy lifestyle.

      Acupuncture benefits

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hey man, was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on Hi there can I use some of the material found in this entry if I provide a link back to your site?
      My Health Beauty Concerns

      ReplyDelete
    8. Black lips might be actually frequently grumbled of through many people, particularly ladies. To ensure that this issue no more bothers you, you can easily attempt different methods towards eliminating dark lips efficiently as well as securely.

      ReplyDelete